|20070194034||Device for printing pills, tablets or caplets in a precise manner||August, 2007||Vasiadis|
|20080245820||VENDING DISPENSER ASSEMBLIES FOR BEVERAGE DISPENSERS||October, 2008||Pfister et al.|
|20060283875||Box Lock||December, 2006||Sizelove|
|20080092752||Prepayment Device for Delivery of French Fries||April, 2008||Morin|
|20030168469||Apparatus for dispensing heated comestibles||September, 2003||Beagle et al.|
|20080011767||Solid product packaging||January, 2008||Beavers Blanks et al.|
|20090194558||STORAGE HOPPER, AND COMBINATION WEIGHING DEVICE AND PACKAGING DEVICE PROVIDED WITH THE SAME||August, 2009||Nakagawa et al.|
|20080006649||APPARATUS, METHOD, AND SYSTEM FOR PROMOTING CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS IN ASSOCIATION WITH AN AUTOMATED MERCHANDISING MACHINE||January, 2008||Masters et al.|
|20090212066||PRODUCT DISPENSER ASSEMBLY AND CARTRIDGE FOR HOLDING PRODUCT||August, 2009||Bauer|
|20080277410||Toilet Tissue Holder for Pedestal Sinks||November, 2008||Castan|
|20050224511||Tablet dispensing apparatus for tablet automatic packing machine||October, 2005||Kim|
This application claims priority to U.S. Provisional Application Nos. 61/161,288, filed Mar. 18, 2010, and 61/230,417, filed Jul. 31, 2009, the entire contents of which are incorporated by reference herein in the entireties.
The present invention relates to vending machines installed in passenger vehicles-for-hire (e.g., taxi cabs), and in particular to refrigerated vending machines that are designed for minimal impact on the vehicle's passenger/load capacity.
U.S. Pat. No. 3,172,713 of Rupert discloses a vending machine incorporated into the back of passenger seat. The vending machine could vend small items. This patent did not disclose, nor did it envision, that it would be desirable to dispense, much less vend, refrigerated items.
U.S. Pat. No. 7,418,311 of Lagassey et al. discloses equipment which dispenses refreshing drinks and dry fruit from a golf-kart. The disclosed vending machine, includes three parts: top part for holding snacks; middle part for holding beverages; and a bottom part which is a refrigeration unit. The three parts are contained within a housing that fits within the basket of a golf cart. Because of the large size of its housing, Lagassey et al. discloses that the vending machine can be mounted on the roof of the golf cart, or towed behind in a trailer unit. Such a configuration could be useful for a golf cart where passengers stay with the vehicle for a long time, while alighting from the vehicle to play the game. However, this configuration is not suitable for the confines of a taxi cab, where the vending products are not accessible to the passengers during the time of their ride within the taxi.
U.S. Pat. No. 6,234,345 of Minh et al. discloses a vending machine and cooling dispenser especially suited to environments with limited space. A serpentine path in the dispenser is formed from two-pieces of rotary molded plastic having complimentary, serpentine surfaces which form a serpentine path when positioned against one another. Vending without selection buttons is achieved by way of cradles and an interlock system. Minh discloses a vending machine directed for use in couch buses. However, a vending machine suitable for placement in a coach bus with capacity for up to fifty or more passengers cannot necessarily be suitable for use in a taxi cab. The transportation vending machine of U.S. Pat. No. 6,234,345 has several disadvantages which prohibit it from being a commercially viable installation in a taxi cab. For example, taxi cabs in major cities and their surrounds often have a security partition between the front and rear seats. This partition results in a reduction in available space for placement of the disclosed vending machine. Any installation of Minh's vending machine in a taxi cab would be require significant alterations of the taxi cab's interior resulting in decreased passenger comfort, impediment of the passengers' ingress and egress, and a reduction in passenger load capacity.
FIG. 1 illustrates a schematic sectional view of a taxi cab according to an exemplary embodiment of the present invention;
FIG. 2 illustrates a perspective front view of automatic equipment according to the embodiment of FIG. 1;
FIG. 3 illustrates a schematic sectional front view of automatic equipment, according to the embodiment of FIG. 1;
FIG. 3a illustrates a schematic (left) sectional view A-A of FIG. 3;
FIG. 3b illustrates a schematic sectional view B-B of FIG. 3;
FIG. 3c illustrates a schematic sectional view C-C of FIG. 3;
FIG. 3d illustrates a schematic sectional view D-D of FIG. 3;
FIG. 4 illustrates a perspective rear view of the embodiment shown on FIG. 1;
FIGS. 4a-4c illustrate various embodiments for the mechanisms of the lid and hinges of the present invention;
FIG. 5 illustrates an embodiment of the present invention;
FIG. 6 illustrates an embodiment of a mechanism for dispensing a can in accordance with the present invention;
FIG. 7 illustrates an embodiment of a mechanism for dispensing miscellaneous items in accordance with the present invention;
FIGS. 7a-7b are sectionals views according to the embodiment of FIG. 2;
FIG. 8 illustrates a front view of a vending panel, according to the embodiment shown on FIG. 1;
FIG. 9 illustrates an interconnection of the taxi cab air conditioning system with an embodiment in accordance with the present invention;
FIG. 10 illustrates a sectional front view according to the embodiment of FIG. 1 with thermal-electrical refrigeration (TES);
FIGS. 10a-b illustrates views of the TES according to FIG. 10;
FIG. 11 illustrates a sectional front view of a summer version of the embodiment of FIG. 1;
FIG. 11a illustrates a schematic sectional view A-A of FIG. 11;
FIG. 11b illustrates a schematic sectional view B-B of FIG. 11;
FIG. 11c illustrates a schematic sectional view C-C of FIG. 11;
FIG. 11d illustrates a schematic sectional view D-D of FIG. 11;
FIG. 12 illustrates an embodiment of the present invention having a lid lying between a refrigerating chamber and a first (from top) horizontal level of filled cans (plan view);
FIG. 13 The scheme of putting toward the cans or bottles from the top row into the tunnel and moving to dispensing window (Version 4);
FIG. 14 illustrates a perspective rear view of a taxi cab trunk in accordance with an embodiment of the present invention; and
FIG. 14a illustrates a perspective view of a main unit in accordance with an embodiment of the present invention.
1. Ford Crown Victoria taxi cab
2. Front passenger seat
3. Back passenger seat
4. Partition—security divider between driver's and passenger's salons
5. The optimum location of automatic equipment for improving of passenger service.
6. Vending (operating) panel
7. The main body or housing of equipment—refrigerating chamber
7a. The lid of a refrigerating chamber
8. Right additional sector to the main body
9. Left additional sector to the main body
10. Vending window for cans with soft drinks
11. Tray for receiving the miscellaneous items.
12. The slot for bills
13. The slot for change
14. Card reader slot for equipment
15. Handle for pull out section 8 (additional right sector to the main unit)
16. Hinges (or brackets) for strengtheners the equipment to the partition.
18. The openings between refrigerating chamber and evaporator sector.
18g. The horizontal grooves into the back wall of chamber.
19. Fan or mini air compressor.
20. Bottom springs.
21. Can's (view from bottom side).
22. Standard can's fixation devices in the 1, 2 and 3 rows (from left)
23. Specific can's fixation device in the extreme right row under empty cell.
24. Empty cell in extreme right row.
25. “Tunnel”—a way for cans moving to the dispense window from left to right.
26. Wire spiral for dispense miscellaneous items to the passengers.
27. Money departments.
28. Metallic laying between lid of refrigerating chamber and first (from top) horizontal layer of the filled cans.
29. Specific inclination form of evaporator depend on the shape of GPS's case located in the driver salor of the car. (attached to the front of partition)
30. Inclination of front surface of left additional sector for fitting the equipment to the configuration of the GPS case located in a front side of the partition.
31. Cross section of the GPS case attached to the front of the partition.
7a. The lid of refrigerating chamber.
7b. Back wall of the refrigerating chamber.
7c. Front wall of the refrigerating chamber.
7cg. Vertical grooves in front wall.
7bg. Vertical grooves in back wall
21. Cans (view from side)
22. Standard fixation mechanism from side of can's bottom.
23. Specific fixation device with unusually shape for inclination of can's in the extreme right row.
32. The cans moving from any row to the extreme right row and dispense window.
33. The cans are in the waiting position in extreme right row.
34. Lid of dispense window.
35. The angle of inclination.
8a. Upper portion of sector 8 with miscellaneous items
8b. Lower portion of sector 8 with money department.
36. Duct for chosen small items moving to the dispenser.
37. Shelves for storing the small items.
38. The motor for rotating the all wire spirals.
40. Condenser between the main body and floor of the cab (invisible).
7. Refrigerating chamber.
7a. Lid of refrigerating chamber.
7ar. Rotating hinges.
1 and 2 positions for chamber: 1—lid is closed; 2—lid is opened.
10. Vending window.
7ar. Rotating hinges.
7ap. Plate hinges
7am. Direction of moving this part of lid
Positions of lid: 1—closed, 2—partly opened, 3—partly opened and moved;
10. Vending window
7ac—clips attached to the sides of chamber for opening the lid in a whole.
28. The metallic laying as unit body
28a. The openings according to each vertical row with cans
28b. The laying above the bulkheads between vertical rows of cans
28c. The springs (with shape of plate)
28d. The opening w/out springs.
41. The can entering from first level of refrigerating chamber to the tunnel
42. The can of second level pushing and supporting the can of first level
43. The stages 1, 2, 3, 4 of moving the can on the board between first level and tunnel
44. The slightly curves to the end of the rows of cans, making easier the entering of cans into the tunnel (excluding the extreme right row).
45. The direction of moving the can into the tunnel
45a. The direction of rolling and sliding the cans inside the tunnel
38. The motor rotating all friction disks with attached solenoids by the center
46r. The right clockwise rotating friction disks.
46l. The left counterclockwise rotating friction disks.
26r. The right clockwise rotating wire spirals.
26l. The left counterclockwise rotating wire spirals.
47. The hexahedra tip of the solenoids
10. Dispense window for cans or bottles (with pointing out to the real window for version 5)
48. The buttons for choice of soft drinks.
49. The buttons for choice of small items.
11. Dispense window for small items.
12. The slot for bills.
13. The slot for change
14. Card reader slot for vending machine
50. The screen of GPS (Global Position System)
51. Card reader slot for fare.
52. Taxi condenser.
53. T-connection on the way of tube connecting taxi condenser with taxi evaporator.
54. Tube with low pressure liquid flow of refrigerant from T-connection 53 connecting taxi condenser with equipment evaporator 17.
55. Tube with low pressure gas flow of refrigerant after equipment evaporator 17 is connecting with exit of taxi evaporator 56
56. Taxi evaporator.
57. T-connector connecting two lines with gas flow: after equipment's evaporator and after taxi evaporator.
58 Tube with jointed gas flow.
59. Taxi suction accumulator.
60. Taxi compressor
5. Main unit of vending machine
61. Credit card reader.
62. Vending window.
63. Exterior door of equipment
63a. Exterior door lock.
63b. Exterior door hinge
64. Thermal—Electrical cooler.
65. Space for package of thermo-elements.
66. Solenoid holder.
67. Plate springs (left and right).
68. Cross-link mechanism or other words it is a “rhomb pusher” assembled of flat rods hinged to each other connected, forming a number foldable rhombs situated essentially in one plan.
17a. One sided lid of evaporator.
18. The opening between refrigerating chamber and evaporator section.
18g. Horizontal grooves into the back wall of chamber.
19. Mini air compressor
20. Bottom springs.
22. Standard can's fixation device.
23. Specific can's fixation mechanism in the extreme row under empty cell.
69. Plastic laying as unit body.
70. Cans or bottles with new shape as cube (view from bottom side)
70e. Empty cell w/out cubes in the extreme right row.
71. The flow of air with increased pressure—or other word “transportation mechanism for cubes to the dispense window.”
46t. The top visible part of plastic inset of tunnel dividing it on 2 parts: front and back.
25a. Front layer of 2 layers with cubes in the chamber.
25b. Back layer of 2 layers with cubes in the chamber.
17a. One sided lid of evaporator.
19 Mini air compressor
19. Mini air compressor
22. Standard cans fixation mechanisms from side of can's bottom in both opposite parts of the refrigerator; the top sides of cubes are touching each to other through central inset 46 in chamber
23. Specific can fixation device in the extreme right row under empty sell.
34. Lid of vending window.
35. The angle of inclination of cube.
69. Plastic horizontal layer under lid of refrigerating chamber.
70. Cubes in the waiting stages.
70a, 70b, 70c—the three consequent positions of cubes moving from any row to the dispense window
46. Plastic vertical inset in the refrigerator, dividing 2 stores of cans between each to other (preferred in summer Version 4);
69. Plastic laying
69a The narrow flexible sealants in the body of laying around 3 edges of each opening, excluding extreme right 2 openings
69b. The cuttings of each flexible sealant by the angles of 45′ degree in the each corner of openings.
69g. Vertical grooves in the walls of chamber, that begin from second layer of filled cans and come dawn till bottom of chamber.
72a. The openings equipped with sealants in the plastic laying 69 coordinate to the each row of the cans or bottles with soft drinks.
72b. The openings don't equipped with sealant.
73. The bulkheads between vertical rows of cans.
25. “Tunnel” of the refrigerating chamber.
70. The cubes in the position of entering in the tunnel.
71. The direction of the flow air with increased pressure by the tunnel toward dispense window.
74. The stages 1, 2, 3 of moving the cubes on the board between first level and tunnel.
75. The direction of sliding the cubes inside the tunnel
76. Back view of the trunk with open lid.
77. The lid of the trunk in open position.
78. The distant section of the trunk.
78s. The shelf dividing the distant section of trunk on 2 parts: upper part and lower part
78a. The upper part of the distant section
78b. The lower part of distant section.
79. The main body of the invented equipment.
79a. The pit with some known lifting mechanism (not shown)
In accordance with one aspect of the present invention, a refrigerated vending system for installation in a taxi cab is provided. The taxi cab has a driver area, a front passenger chair, a divider, and a rear passenger salon. The front passenger chair has a surface facing the rear passenger salon. The system of the invention adds a housing having an interior compartment configured to include at least a plurality of items therein and an exterior structurally adapted to seat against the surface of the front passenger chair that faces the rear passenger salon and proximal to the divider. A refrigerator is operative to cool the interior compartment of the housing. A vending control system is operative to respond to an actuation by dispensing one of the plurality of items from the interior compartment for access within the rear passenger salon. The housing so provided can be accommodated while optimally preserving the driver area and the rear passenger salon.
Further aspects, features, and advantages of the invention can be appreciated from the accompanying description of certain embodiments thereof, taken together with the accompanying drawing figures.
Embodiments of the present invention provide an improvement of service of taxi cab passengers by selling them cool soft drinks, snacks and some non-food miscellaneous items, thus, avoiding stops to buy these articles and interruptions of the ride. These embodiments address the problems of the above-discussed prior art to create a refrigerator and vending machine, that could be accommodated in the very limited space of taxi cab without needing to make any serious reconstruction of the vehicle. One such embodiment is extra flat and adaptable configuration of equipment.
Embodiments of the invention provide the basic functions of refrigeration and vending machine, i.e. storing, cooling, and selling cooled and other items contained within an interior of a refrigerated housing to a client. Embodiments of the present invention are capable of containing an optimum quantity of products of sufficient diversity of soft soda and small items so that there will be enough for a whole taxi shift (or even better for two shifts). The driver need not be distracted for add any articles and spend time stocking the vending machine. Accordingly, this capacity and diversity is very convenient for a taxi cab that has 1 or 2 shifts a day.
Embodiments of the present invention include configurations and designs that are very convenient for an operator to refill refrigerator with soda and restock the vending machine with miscellaneous items. Additionally, access to retrieve money from a payment compartment in between drivers' shifts requires minimum time.
Embodiments are implemented by simple design, mechanisms and materials for manufacture and maintenance with less expenditure time and money. Further, the design is adaptable so that an easy redesign for various styles of taxi cabs with different sizes and configuration of salon (domestic and foreign). This adaptable redesign is achieved by a composite unit which unites many components capable of changing shapes, sizes, configuration, location, etc., whether mounted inside or outside of an encapsulated taxi body so that the customer interface is suitable to the interiors of the various styles of taxis.
In an embodiment, the vending machine is an extra flat automatic composite equipment for the taxi and the providing its normal functions for more comfortable service of passengers without any serious reconstruction or changing in the cab.
The vending machine of the present invention provides passengers with some necessary goods by creating, adapting to the design of taxi, regulation and maintenance automatic equipment, allowing more effective using it by passengers of taxi for example the quenching of thirst by refreshing drinks, energizing hands and face by the wet napkins, candies, etc. Mentioned above prior art equipments by the similar functions coordinate to the portable refrigerators or mini vending machines but by the sizes they not accommodate for taxi comfort conditions.
The most favorable place for automatic equipment is the space between the back of passenger's front seat and divider between passenger salon and driver salon. This space is very narrow and equal a few inches. Therefore this taxi equipment has to be extra flat.
The automatic equipments have extra flat shape with thickness in a few inches thanks one-row disposition of the cans with refreshed beverages. The directions of the 8-ounces cans are perpendicular to the partition between salons. That extra flat refrigerator is created special for taxi.
The narrow space for invented adaptable equipment and flat refrigerator like one of the main part of the equipment request more minimize of its other parts. Following this direction the evaporator and fan are placed into the left side additional component of main unit. From other (right) side the main unit was added also with component, comprises more than ten of miscellaneous small no cooling items accommodated on shelves and payment compartment in the lowest part. In a whole the main refrigerating chamber and both sides sections together represent one composes unit.
Automatic equipment has also the carry out adapts in form of buttons for choice of articles and payment slots for any items. Instead button there is may be touch-screen, etc. The card reader slot already presented on the back of partition for fare may be also used instead slot for money.
These carry out devices are attached as panel to the back side of the security divider of the salons by faced to the passenger. These important transferring cutting dawn the thickness of equipment some more and improve the using of the panel for clients, i.e. to receive the necessary articles by the most comfortable way in the most convenience place.
Equipment comprise up to 4 or even 5 rows of cans and just one vending window. The equipment doesn't have any pushing mechanisms (rhombic kind, solenoid kind, etc.) because of the cans are arranged in this case perpendicularly to the front and back walls of the equipment and its mechanism of transportation based on other principal. The moving on the cans to the vending window is carrying out inside the tunnel above top row of the cans, using principle of rolling and sliding. This tunnel is free of the cans and is the part of refrigerating chamber, where all surfaces have minimum friction and high sliding index. Therefore the spring system (in the shape of plates) is used in this equipment for moving cans to the vending window. The cans using the initial speed from spring (in a shape of plate) and pressure from density enough cooling air after evaporator are moving by rolling and sliding along tunnel to the first extreme right row and then after rich it fall dawn into the empty cell (i.e. the extreme right row of the cans has one more empty cell under tunnel).
The can located lower than mentioned empty cell has slightly inclination to the side of vending window. Felled dawn can above it sliding by this cylindrical inclination surface like by rail (plus using the vibration of a taxi) to the opened at this time lid of vending window and through that straight to the client.
The inclination of can's surface is arriving by specific device. The lid of the vending window lays out in a front of top cell in right row, one cell below of tunnel and not in a level of the tunnel. Therefore the cans literally “sliding out' from device straight to the hands of client.
This original and the same time simple construction of cans' arrangement and delivery mechanism increases the possibility of choice the beverage kinds and raises the quantity of cans in the same minimum space in taxi cab until 4-5 rows and kinds. The same time the necessity of using electric power supply for any pushing mechanisms are disappearing; the price of manufacturing, repairing, installing, changing, monitoring, maintaining, etc. of these pushing mechanisms and equipment in a whole considerably decreasing. The reliability of encapsulated equipment is sharply increasing. The weight of unit is declining so as the changing and/or adding some kind of the cans or others miscellaneous items became faster and easier.
Suggested equipment contains also right side component of main unit with more than 10 kinds of small doesn't cooling items for vend arranged on the shelves. It means the vertical cartridges working by the principal rotating spiral. This cartridge has one open tray, where the choose article comes dawn. However in different from others vending machines this additional right section has no one motor for each shelf but just one motor, which serves all of shelves by specific method. This method allows essentially increasing the quantity and kinds of miscellaneous items that is very important for the taxi cab working by two shifts a day. This section depends on the types and quantity of items is wider than section with evaporator and fan, because of should be arranged to the right side of mane unit.
The reception mechanism for money placed too in the same section as miscellaneous items.
The arrangement all soft soda cans and small items in one extra flat and “adaptable” unit allows very quick installing them in the car and also change or added the articles into the equipment.
The equipment w/out seriously design reconstruction may be installed on the any kind of taxi (standard or hybrid), starting from Crown Victoria, Ford Escape, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Chevy Malibu, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Prius, etc. Automatic equipment will be have the similar configuration in the according to condition and space of the salons, notwithstanding on the conception of refrigerator: standard compressor and Freon; thermo-electric system; semi-conductor system or solar batteries, etc.
A vending machine embodying the present invention improves service of passengers in a time of their trip by installation automatic equipment in taxi cab for vending the different kinds of beverages and miscellaneous items.
Preferred embodiment of the invention based on the taxi cab “Ford” “Crown Victoria” 1 how it is shown on FIG. 1. A taxi cab has a front part with driver and passenger front seats 2 and rear seat for client 3. These 2 parts of the salon divided by security partition. Security partition 4 also consists from 2 parts: a lower security opaque portion 4a and upper 4b transparent portion shown on FIG. 8. The whole composed unit 5 is installed in a narrow space (a few inches) between the back of front passenger seat 2 and partition 4.
As it is shown on FIG. 1-2 the automatic equipment composite unit 5 which may provide the passengers with a choice up to 4 and even 5 kinds of drinks and with no less than 10 types of miscellaneous items. Unit 5 is encapsulated in a box containing a few parts and bolted by brackets 16 or hanged via suitable hooks.
As shown on FIGS. 2 and 3, in preferred embodiments with 4-rows version (applied to 8-ounces cans) the equipment comprises: a refrigerating chamber 7 consisting from four vertical rows with cans and one horizontal empty level as tunnel 25. The refrigerating chamber 7 is located in a central part of casing. Vertical rows of the chamber 7 each has another kind of drink and a number of cans (20) packed one above the other. The cans 21 are disposed perpendicularly to the front and back walls of the equipment. The chamber 7 has a top lid (6a) shown on FIGS. 2, 3b, 3c, 4 and 11c, which allow the operator to load this chamber with cans 21.
The lowest cans of each row in the chamber 7 place upon the number of adjusted spring element 20, installed at the bottom of these row. The spring elements 20 are capable of controllable expanding upward gradually, for example, in an inverse proportion to the number of cans 21 located in the rows at a certain moment of the time, thereby lifting the cans of the row after the dispensing of the uppermost can. Other known kinds of lifting mechanisms for that stage of cans transportation available too. For example:—“rhomb pusher” assembly of flat rods hinged to each other connected, forming a number of foldable rhombs situated essentially in one plane;—pusher is liner engine;—spring pushing with ratchet and pawl, etc.
In preferred embodiments, the main composed unit 5 comprises an additional (e.g. right), as shown on FIGS. 2 and 3, sector 8 and an additional (e.g. left) component 8, both coupled with the chamber 7. The sector 8 connects with the chamber 7 by a few hinges. Section 7 doesn't have the common wall and direct connection with chamber 7 do to its movement necessity.
Sector 8 communicates with chamber 7 by upper ventilation openings 18 (shown on FIG. 3) because of sector 9 is a part of extra flat refrigerator. The similar ventilation openings present on the bulkheads between all rows of the can. Sector 8 isn't valuated as part of refrigerating system because of contains cooling items.
Sector 8 in preferred embodiment of equipment as it shown on FIGS. 2 and 3d also comprises 2 portions: upper portion for vending miscellaneous items (not cooling) and lower portion as payment compartment. Upper portion has a predetermined number of shelves (35) with aforesaid items placed on the shelves. The sector 8 has a handle 14 for separating whole section 7 from main body or housing 6 by the pull out aforesaid hinges in seconds. This procedure makes easier the loading or changing miscellaneous items into the further vending to customer. A number of wire spiral revolving pushers 25 may preferably be used to controllably move the items from the shelves 35 to a vertical duct (34) and then to a dispense tray 10 (shown on FIGS. 2 and 3d) for serving the customer. All spiral pushers 25 are driven by a motor 36 actuated/de-actuated by a controller (not shown).
In preferred embodiment how it shown on FIGS. 2, 3 and 3d, the lower portion 26 of right additional section 7 represent itself a money department including: the slot for bills 11, the slot for change 12 and change dispenser 13. The extraction of money is easy realizing when section 7 is separating from refrigerating chamber in a time for drivers shift is changing.
As it shown on FIGS. 3 and 3a in preferred embodiment the left additional sector 9 comprises: evaporator 17, ventilation openings 18 between this sector 9 and refrigerating chamber 7. Under evaporator 17 axial fan or mini air compressor 19 are located. Devices 19 that develop pressure less than 5.0 psi are classified as fans or blowers. Above this level of pressure the devices are referred to as compressor.
Fan or compressor create uneven distribution of air flow:
The others parts of basic refrigerating elements: compressor 37 and condenser 38 are located outside of the refrigerating chamber on its back side as it shown on FIG A. The outer walls of the refrigerating chamber (front and back), the outer walls of section 8, the wall between the sections 6 and 8, the tops and bottoms of the sections 6 and 8 are filled up of heat insulation materials.
In preferred alternative embodiment of taxi cab composes automatic equipment there are using the possibility of taxi cab's air-conditioner system as part of refrigerating elements of present invention (FIG. 8). The two main elements of refrigerating system: the compressor 57 and condenser 49 switched in the AC system of taxi cab by the two connections (FIG. 8). By one tube (51) cooling liquid agent from taxi condenser (49) by the T-connection (50) move in the direction of evaporator 16 in the section 8 of composed unit 5. After evaporator 16 by the tube (52) gas agent moves back in a point after taxi evaporator (53) where joints by the T-connection (54) with tube (55) and further to the taxi suction accumulator (56). Then cleaned and dried gas continues way to the taxi compressor (57). After compressor the liquid agent mixing with taxi part of liquid agent move to condenser (49) and then the cycle is repeated again.
The space of preferred embodiment occupied before by the compressor and condenser, may be filled up with several additional cans of the drinks and/or small items; the connection of equipment and taxi AC system carries out easy and fast; thanks the small volume of the refrigerating chamber (about 0.7 cubic feet) the connection of preferred embodiment of invention with AC of taxi cab no negative rejection on the taxi air-condition and electric systems in summer and in a winter.
In preferred embodiment the automatic equipment comprises a panel 4p, illustrated on FIG. 5, having corresponded labels for all vending products in this specific taxi cab. The drink's selection buttons 39, miscellaneous items' selection buttons 40, money slots 11, 12, change dispenser 13 together with drinks vending window 9 and small items vending tray 10 are present on the panel 4p. The door of the window 9 will be partly seeing on this panel in a stage of opening because real door is covering real window in the front wall of main equipment (FIG. 2) and second door for the same goal in the panel 4p is not necessary. The both trays 10 (in the attached sector 8 of the equipment (FIG. 2) and in the panel 4p) are located too close each to other because of packets, which appear in the trays can be easy picked up by clients. Other form of selection button can be adapted for same purposes, such as touch-screen, electronic or optical sensors, etc.
In preferred embodiment on the partition 4a the card readers slot (42) (shown on FIG. 5) may be also used because of this card reader slot already was installed into the taxi cab together with GPS (Global Position System) system.
In preferred embodiment [as shown on FIGS. 2 and 3 with the front view of completed composite unit 5 with central component 6 and additional left (8) and right (7) components without front wall], automatic equipment lacks any pushing mechanisms (like in other kinds of vending machine) because of the cans are arranged in this case perpendicularly to the front and back walls of the equipment. This system of arrangement allows storing in the central body 6 of the composite unit up to 4-5 vertical rows of cans (each of rows is different kind of drink) and many number of cans sufficiently for even 2 driver shifts.
In preferred embodiment of the invention, as sown on FIGS. 2, 3, 3b, 3c, 5 and 6, the moving on the cans to the vending window 9 occur in the tunnel (24) above top row of the cans, using principle of rolling and sliding. This tunnel is free of the cans and is the part of refrigerating chamber, where all surfaces have minimum friction and high sliding index. Therefore the spring system 27c (in the shape of plates) shown on FIG. 6 is used for moving cans to the vending window 9. The spring system 27c is the part of smooth metallic laying 27 between the lid (6a) of refrigerating chamber and top row of cans. The metallic laying (27) is one unit also with layer above bulkheads (27b) between rows of cans. Spring system (27c) consist from single (not shown) or couple of springs (in the shape of plate) in each openings for entering the cans into the tunnel. The length of the springs is longer than a half of diameter of a can or the same like a half of width of openings (shown on FIG. 6). The couples of springs are arranged just in three (by the 4 rows of can) or four (by the 5 rows of cans) left openings of can's exit to the tunnel where the cans will be rolling and sliding. The extreme right row of cans in both cases doesn't have springs, because from this row the cans should not roll or slide, and exit just vertically to the vending window.
The springs (couples or single) perform two functions: first of all it pushes a can to the right side of the tunnel from an opening where can is stored; second function is to be like tracks for the moving can, don't allowing them stop in an area where wide enough slot between cylindrical surface of can and vertical wall of row take place (FIGS. 6 and 7).
The free angles of springs are provided with mini size bearing (doesn't shown) which help to force the rolling of the can and improve the reliability of spring system, because of these bearings give the can the direction to the dispense window by rolling clockwise immediately after they appear in full in the tunnel. After any spring pushed the can in a “trip”, it will come down and the mini size bearing are hidden in mentioned above slot, not missing the next cans to roll and slide by the tunnel. In the preferred embodiments how it mentioned above the extreme right row into the refrigerating chamber not stored in full. As shown bellow, the cell located immediately under tunnel in this row (23) has to be empty (FIG. 3).
In the preferred embodiment of equipment specific of moving the cans to the vending window requests to show the scheme of how the cans exit out from top row. This process is shown on the FIG. 3 and 7. The cans are pushed by bottom spring 19 gradually exit to the tunnel and rising the spring 27c higher and higher. When the can reach the stage 4 the spring 27c been entering into tunnel in full with maximum power pushes can to the right to the side offending window.
The can are moving by rolling and sliding along tunnel to the extreme right row and then after rich it fall dawn into the empty cell. The top can in this particular row has slightly inclination (33 on the FIG. 3c) to the side of vending window 9 with lid 32 shown also on FIG. 3c. Felled dawn can sliding above it by this inclination surface to the opened at this time lid of vending window (32) and through that get to the client. The inclination of surface is arriving by specific device 22. The lid of the vending window 32 lays out in a front of top cell in right row, one cell below of tunnel and not in a level of the tunnel.
In the preferred embodiment of the invention the filled cans in the top row of the refrigerating chamber 7 are keeping back from moving to the tunnel on the “stage of waiting” by the fixation mechanism 21 shown on FIGS. 3 and 3b. The form of fixation mechanisms for left 3 or 4 rows is represented like semi-circle “hat”. This “hat” horizontally presses the concaved bottom of the can by the central axis and can strong and horizontally keep itself in the cell (FIG. 3b).
The form of the fixation mechanism in the extreme right row is represented like a part of the semi-circle “hat” (FIG. 3c, as C-C section of equipment on FIG. 3), This specific form affixation mechanism allows keeping the can in slightly inclination position helping the felled from tunnel can to slide forward at the vending window 9.
In the preferred embodiment of equipment the sector 8 comprises 10 or more the miscellaneous items, that difficult offer for so flat and limited in other sizes composes equipment. It was achieved thanks the new method for store and moves the not cooling items to the passengers. This method includes the refusing from all motors for each shelf, using just one motor and new principal of using of wire spiral (not shown). The possibility to contents much more items in sector 8 challenges necessity to make this additional component wide enough. Therefore the sector 8 has to places to right of refrigerating chamber. The automatic equipment became asymmetric: left additional component will be narrow with evaporator and fan and right additional component will be wider with small items and payment compartment. The replacement each to other sector 8 and 8 allow the operator much faster fill up or change the small items and take the money because this component not having contact with refrigerator and will be just hang on the main body by the hinges. The operator easy takes up the component from hinges and cans soon fill up it with new items or even changes this whole component on new one for a couple minutes.
One more variant for easy pull out this sector appears when the sector 8 divided on 2 vertical parts: upper with items and lower with money. Then the sector 8 will be pulled out faster by two stages.
In the preferred embodiments very important action have to be done when the driver's shift is ended and there is necessary to change refreshing cans into the refrigerating chamber. There is counting too narrow space in the back of front passenger seat the empty and refill the rows with cans happening by the few manners shown on FIGS. 4a, 4b and 4c. FIG. 4a is using the rotating hinges; FIG. 4b is using rotating and sliding plate hinges and FIG. 4c is using a few clips for open up whole lid of chamber. After that the changing of articles in the chamber became easy.
In the preferred embodiment one more version (version 3) of universal equipment for Vendicab is represented by thermal-electrical system (TES) in the regions with temperate climate (not in hot season). This system comprises the package of many thermo-electrical elements each of that consist from two semi-conductors with different conductivity. Us a result when the current pass through thermo-element the different ends of it will be absorb or distinguish a heat so the each thermo-element works like micro cooling or heating system. The TES is illustrated on the FIGS. 10a and 10b which is a schematic front view of automatic equipment, according to the embodiment of FIG. 1.
Schematic front view of main body of TES shown on FIG. 10a. It dimensions accords to the basic version 1 shown on FIG. 1. been located between front passenger seat and partition. This version however configured with credit card system only (61 is credit card reader, that close to the vending window (62); exterior door of equipment (63) with door lock (63a) and door hinges (63b) opens cooling space of equipment in a whole (from top to bottom); it is very convenience for vendor for empty and fill up again the refrigerator with new refreshed cans.
However, this kind of Version 3 with front door of the equipment can not be installed in the taxi cab with partition (New York, Chicago) between front seat of passenger and partition how all other versions of Vendicab because of the partition disturb the equipment's door to be open. Therefore the access to the cooling chamber of the device in this case can be providing with top lid how it described above for Version 1.
The FIG. 10b as a schematic sectional front view of automatic equipment with TES comprises T-E cooler (64), package of thermo-elements (65), solenoid holder (66), plate springs (67) and cross-link mechanism (68).
While the TES requests pre-cooling the cans with soft drinks the main advantage of this system is less power consuming that very important for time of the taxi shift.
In the preferred embodiment of the combined automatic equipment for implementing the summer 4 version of modification the FIGS. 2 and 11 illustrate a schematic sectional front view of automatic equipment, according to mentioned above version of embodiment (version 4). Here as in similar FIG. 3 for version 1 of equipment shown the front layer of new shape of bottles or cans in form of cubes 70 arrange in the refrigerating chamber. The main body of the equipment refrigerating chamber comprises up to 80 bottles of new shapes in form of cubes in the two adjacent layers (front and back) dividing by the flat plastic vertical inset 46 on 2 parts: front layer 25a and back layer 25b. In a whole this divider shown on FIG. 11c, 11d and 12) and partly just top visible part of inset shown on FIG. 11a, 11b.
The dimensions of composes unit of the summer version 4 of the equipment very similar to basic version 1 as by sizes as by the possibility to be install in the same place of taxi cab, excluding the thickness of the refrigerating part. Last one wider than by version 1 on just 1.5 inches that also feet to the space behind of the front passenger seat. Consequently for the regions with all the year round hot climate the two-layers of cubes of refrigerating chamber have to be store and the inset, dividing both layers, has to remain there permanently.
This preferred embodiment of version 4 comprises four vertical rows with cans or bottles of other shape in form of cubes 70 shown in the schematic sectional view on the FIGS. 2 and 11. This front layer of refrigerating chamber comprises about 40 cubes 70 arrange horizontally in perpendicularly to the front wall of the refrigerating chamber.
In this preferred embodiment of version 4 how shown on FIG. 11 the evaporator 17, ventilation openings 18, bottom springs 20, tunnel of refrigerator 25, compressor instead fan 19 and sector 8 with miscellaneous items and money department 27 leave the same like in equipment of version 1 (FIG. 3).
However for preferred embodiments of version 4 the FIGS. 11, 11a and 11b illustrate that the evaporator 17 is covered from left side by the one sided lid 17a; the reason for this element of design was installed is that compressor 19 has more power than fan. The air flow after compressor is essentially increasing and this will lead to the over cooling up to freezing the drinks inside refrigerator. The one sided lid of evaporator prevents from this condition in the refrigerator and directs the force air flow exactly into the tunnel.
For preferred embodiments of version 4 the divider 46 (partly visible on the FIG. 11a, 11b and fully on FIG. 11c) in the space limited by left sector 9 has a tip 46a (not shown), which turning on by the axle (coordinates to the visible line of inset 46 on the FIGS. 11a and 11b) periodically closing front (25a) or back (25b) layer of the refrigerator (depend of the passenger's choice). The air force after compressor by this tip 46a is directing to the one of these opened at this time layers, creating inside it slightly increased pressure for moving the cubes to the dispense window based on the condition of “wet air”.
In the preferred embodiment of version 4 the full image of how the cans or bottles arrange into the refrigerator is shown on FIG. 11c. The cans or bottles as cube are disposed into the chamber in 2 layers; each of articles 70 in each layer 25a and 25b (into the 3 first rows) places by the bottom to the according walls: front (7c) or back (7b), and consequently by the top sides to the flat chamber divider of layers 46.
The disposition of cubes is most convenience: for minimize the dimensions of whole equipment; to replace the standard fixation mechanisms 22 for each layer into the thick enough walls; to implement the new shape of the non-standard fixation—inclination mechanism 23 for sliding the articles to the dispense window, and to provide the increasing of the amount of bottles or cans in the shape of cubes the summer version equipment more than twice (up to 80 pieces) by the comparing with version 1.
In preferred embodiment of present invention (Version 4) the steps of mechanism of exit the cans or bottles from refrigerating area to the client are shown on FIG. 11d. The articles 70 on the waiting positions in the last extreme right row are keeping from back wall by standard 22 fixation mechanisms; and from front wall just by the non standard 23 fixation—inclination mechanisms, that will be explain below in the chapter “operation of a preferred embodiment’.
The can or bottle 70 on this final stage of vending passes 3 positions 70a, 70b, 70c of moving from last row of the back layer of tunnel till open dispense window. It is also will be explain bellow.
In preferred embodiment of present invention (Version 4) the main conceptions and principals of store and transportation of the new shape in form of cube articles in the refrigerator shown above in the chapter Summary of invention. The conditions of “wet air” determine about ten accessories for transportation and are illustrating by FIGS. 11d, 12 and 13.
The plastic laying 69 is installing between the lid of chamber and first (from top) filled cans or bottles level; the laying has double function: to make more tight hermetic refrigerating part of equipment and to help to moving of can or bottle. The plastic laying has openings 72.
The openings in the body of laying have narrow flexible sealant 69a around 3 edges of each opening (probably the one sealant from left side of opening will be enough), excluding extreme right opening 72b; 2 corner of sealant had cut of 45′ degree; these sealants has a few function: safe hermetical conditions in the tunnel all time when the refrigerator is working; divide adjacent bottles after one of them entered in the tunnel; sealant compressing (with similar way as spring in version 1) partly shoves the bottle to the dispense window ; and finally serves like rails by the sliding the next bottle to the open window.
In the preferred embodiment of equipment the scheme of specific exit the cubes from top row into the tunnel is shown on FIG. 13. The cans or bottles 70 are pushed by bottom spring 20 gradually (by the several stages 74) enter to the tunnel and raising the sealant 69a. When the cans or bottles reach the stage 3 (e.g. completely lifted in the tunnel) the sealant 69a from left side of opening compressing slightly pushes cubes to the right side of tunnel (from this side of cube the sealant is absent) taking it out from the quiescent mode and farther air force 71 based on others principal accessories shoves the cans, which moving easy and fast by sliding in the direction 75 to the vending window. The main of these principals are:
In preferred embodiment of universal vending machine has to have approximately equal quantity of cooling and not-cooling articles. The refrigerator occupants about ⅔ all space of equipment. Other ⅓ of equipment's space has to be filled up the not cooling items and self transportation mechanism. Particularly, right additional sector 8 of unit 5 should contain 40 snacks and/or miscellaneous items of 8 kinds which may locate on the 8 shelves by 2 rows. This size of right additional sector is too much and cannot be placed behind front passenger seat.
So the width of this sector has to be shorted. It is reaching by new principal of locating the motors for spirals. In different from others vending machines present invention has no one motor for each shelf but just one motor which revolve all 8 spirals (see FIGS. 7a and 7b) by specific method. The shelves with spirals dispose no in pairs on one level but in a shape of stair. Whole wide of sector 8 in this case equal about 5.5 inches that good fitted to marked goal.
The one motor 38 revolves simultaneously all friction disks each of that connected with separate spiral. Therefore the 4 disks 46r and four spirals 26r are rotating in a clockwise and other 4 disks 46l and four spirals 26l are rotating in a counterclockwise. Each disk comprises one small solenoid 47. The tip of solenoid carried out as small hexahedra and by the moving out easy finds the opposite also hexahedra hole in the spiral's accessory. This system of transportation helps to bring chosen items to the client.
In the preferred embodiment the automatic equipment comprises the operating panel 6 illustrated on FIG. 8, having corresponded labels for all vending products in this specific taxi cab (for version 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5). The drink's selection buttons 48, snacks and miscellaneous item's selection buttons 49, money slots 12 and 13, card reader slot 14 together with drinks vending window 10 and small items vending tray 11 are present on the panel 6. The both tray 11 (in the attached sector 8 of the equipment (FIG. 2) and in the panel 6 are located too close each to other because of packets, which appear in the tray can be easy picked up by clients.
Other form of selection button can be adapted for same purposes, such as touch-screen, electronic or optical sensors, etc. In preferred embodiment on the partition 4a the card readers' slot 51 shown on FIG. 8 may be also used because of this card reader slot already was installed into the taxi cab together with GPS (Global Position System).
In the preferred embodiment, because of specific conditions of some new hybrid or modern taxi cab (domestic or foreign) take place, when the space behind front seat of passenger doesn't allow installing even that extra flat vending machine, one more area where the taxi cab vending machine could be installed is in the trunk. In this case the same mentioned above unit placed in the trunk near reserve tire in an horizontal position on shelf, no prevents to the luggage be placed on the bottom of trunk (version 5).
The FIG. 14 illustrates the schematic perspective of back view of a taxi cab's trunk according to an exemplary (Version 5) embodiment of the present invention: multifunctional adaptable composite automatic equipment. From back view of the trunk 76 with open lid 78s of the trunk the distant part of the trunk is visible. This part 78 is divided by the shelf 62s on upper section 78a and lower section 78b. The main body of the invented equipment 79 is placing on the right side of upper section 78a close to the reserve tire 80 of taxi cab that lies in left side of upper section 78a. Nearest part of the trunk 81 leaves free for luggage.
Notwithstanding that presented invention by the version 5 will be placed in absolutely different area that by version 1, 2, 3 and 4 the conceptual basic of design (multifunctional, adaptable, changeable, extra-flat, all-seasonable, combined, composite and automatic) are saving the very similar. The composition of main body, its thickness, design of refrigerator (store and articles transportation), the arrangement of most detail of equipment, etc. are not changing.
The main no big different this version 5 is that it braked up on 3 elements:
Examples of operation of embodiments of the taxi passenger service equipment for the four-row unit are follows:
An operator opens the lid 6a and loads the refrigerating chamber of composite unit 5 with cans of 4 kinds of soft drink (each kind in one row). Then operator easy lifts up the sector 8 with miscellaneous items (wet napkins, gum, candies, etc.) from hinges and changes this whole component on new one for a couple minutes. After that operator closes lid, hangs up the component with small items and maintains the refrigerating devices to predetermined range of temperature. The taxi drives on the streets.
First passenger decides to drink Pepsi that filled up the row 2 from left. He puts a bill in slot 11 for example one dollar and presses one of the buttons 39 on the panel 4p with Pepsi label. The button 39 transfer a corresponding signal to vending control system, which actuates the bottom spring 19 in the row 2 and the same time turn on the solenoid with fixation mechanism (21) in the same row.
So far as the cans with Pepsi are arranged in row 2 the fixation mechanism 21 draws back and bottom spring 19 gradually pushes up the all row of the cans. Top can with the same speed begin to rise from top cell into the tunnel 24, raising a step by step the springs 27c. Under the top can, which moving in tunnel, next can occupies the cell. When the top can exits in full to the tunnel the next in the row can is fixed by the fixation mechanism. The raised in full springs 27c begins to return in initial position and by the way is pushing the can to right side of the tunnel with helping by mini size bearings located on the ends of springs. Thanks the mini size bearing, that rotating in the counter-clockwise, the can is revolving in clockwise that force the can's moving and sliding to the extreme right side row.
As a result the can is moving by rolling and sliding along tunnel to the first right row and then after rich it fall dawn on the empty one cell. This top can in this particular row have slightly inclination 33 to the side of vending window 9 (FIG. 3c). Felled dawn can sliding above inclination cylindrical surface of can to the opened at this time lid 32 of vending window (9) and through that get to the client.
In the preferred embodiment the passenger choice is the Cola which fills extreme right row of the refrigerating chamber. The scheme of moving the can with Cola is essential other (not shown on drawing). After passenger pushed one of the buttons 39 (with Cola label) the last one transfer a corresponding signal to vending control system, which actuates the fixation mechanism 22 in the top of row (draws back) and the spring in the row bottom 19 turned on. (Remembering: in this row the first cell under the tunnel is empty; the springs with shape as plate are absent; the door of the vending window is placed in a front of this cell, not in a front of tunnel). Top can begins moving to the tunnel and fluent exit from the cell, where it was fixed, to the first row in the horizontal position. The next can occupy freed cell. The fixation mechanism 22 again turned on and fixes that next can in the inclination position by the specific form of its head. Due to this inclination the exited can begin to sliding by the inclination surface of next can to the opened at this moment door of the vending window straight in customer hands.
The close procedure is happened when a passenger's choice is miscellaneous item. In this case he pushes one of the ten buttons 40 (FIG. 5) with corresponding label (for example, wet napkin). The button transfers this signal to vending control system, which turns on the motor 38 (FIG. 7a). The motor starts rotating and to revolve the wire spirals 26r, or 26l filled up just with wet napkins. After couple circles the one packet with wet napkin falls down by the duct and passenger take out this article from the tray 11. All actions are carries out through the vending control system and controllers.
When the client is receiving what he wanted the vending control system through corresponding controller returns all mechanism in initial position. The compose equipment again ready to service the next passenger.
The similar procedure is happening in the equipment with thermal electrical system (TES) how it shown on FIG. 10. In this case the client pushes on the button 48 (FIG. 8) with Pepper soda. After signal will be received from the control system that an extreme left can is required to vend, the solenoid 66 is actuated to pull out the pin, so the cross link mechanism 68 pushes the cans against the plate spring, the can will get out when its horizontal diameter is over the highest point of the left plate spring and the left plate spring turns to restore, at this moment, the top can will roll over to the left with the pressure from the lower cans and both the right and left plate spring, as soon as the trigger is actuated by the right plate spring, the bottom cross link mechanism will restore downward, and the right plate spring also restore with the spring force, which continually pushes the can moving to left until it restore completely. After the left plate spring restores completely the product is opened for release, and the vending door (62) will close in time delaying manner.
The passenger's choice of 8 kinds of drinks is the Cola which fills the 2 row of back layer of the refrigerating chamber. The Cola fills the cubes. The scheme of moving the cubes is the similar but more sophisticated than the previously example by the method.
After passenger pushed one of the buttons 48 (with Cola label) the last one transfer a corresponding signal to vending control system, which actuates the fixator 22 in the top of row and the spring 20 in the bottom of row turn on. Top cube begins moving to the tunnel and fluent exit from the cell where it was fixed. By the way it raises the 3 narrow sealants 69a, covering partly (from 3 sides) the opening in the plastic layer (FIGS. 7 and 8). When the cube in a full entered in the tunnel 25 the left plastic sealant 69a been compressing begins to shove cube in the direction to extreme right row because of from this right side the cubes has only one freedom degree and by this moment ready to move by the tunnel.
Vending control system also transfers the signal from button 48 of operating panel 6 (FIG. 10) to air compressor. It switches on force of air flow. The pressure of air is increasing behind the cube with Cola and air flow directs to the right inside back layer of tunnel and moves the cube to the end of tunnel to the position 70a (FIG. 11d). The sliding of cube by the tunnel is providing by increased air force and mentioned above several principals (condition of “wet air”, differential pressure, sliding surfaces of bottles, sliding materials, short distance to the dispense window, etc.) that accompany this process and make the moving easier and faster.
When cube reached 70a position the solenoid 47 blunt pushes the cube to the position 70b in the front layer of cubes and last one right away felled dawn on the placed bellow cube 70 to the position 70c in a front of opened vending window. Specific fixation mechanism 23 (FIG. 11d) from the front wall of the refrigerator 7c inclines cube (70). When the cube from tunnel 25a falls dawn in the position 70c above already inclined cube 70 the upper cube sliding straight through open window into the customer hands.
The following points further define embodiments in accordance with the present invention:
1. Taxi cab passenger service automatic equipment for improving service of passengers by creating, installing and maintaining in the salon of cab additional equipment for more comfortable trip by acquisition up to 5 kinds refreshing drinks and also up to 10-12 types miscellaneous items in the ride; automatic equipment been encapsulated in compose unit body includes the complex of known devices, particularly refrigerator (in basic version with compressor, condenser, evaporator and control device), vending machine and accompanying adaptations, which are accommodating in the limited space of taxi cab, without violating of conditions for passenger boarding and normal work of taxi driver and the car.
2. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1, with mentioned devices are compose set as multi components unit body, which is accommodating between back of front passenger chair (right from a driver) and obligatory for taxi cab partition, dividing front driver part of salon and back passenger part of salon.
3. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 execute two basic and equivalent functions: a) to contain and save optimum quantity of cooling soft drinks and miscellaneous items for one or two work shifts b) to vend these articles for passengers of taxi cab with most convenience and rate; both of these functions correlation each to other and have to be provisioned precise and in time carried out work of all components and devices, included in compose equipment.
4. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 has flat up to five-rows shape (with 8-ounces cans) for arrangement more quantity of the cans and more kinds of the drinks, that allow to place it in mentioned above limited space of salon taxi between back of front passenger chair and taxi partition which equipment is strengthening to by the few bolts; inside thickness of a flat equipment accords the length of cans with drinks, and the cans accommodate in the horizontally and perpendicularly to partition of the salon; the high of equipment accords to high of opaque part of partition and width of equipment usually accords to the width of passenger chair or may be a little bit longer.
5. The structure of automatic equipment as defined in point 1 as compose encapsulated unit comprises: one central component in a form of main refrigerating chamber with cans of soft drinks; two additional component, which accommodated from left and right sides of central refrigerating chamber; the left additional component contains evaporator connected to the refrigerating chamber by the ventilation openings; under the evaporator a fan is located; right additional component is separated from main body by the warm insulation wall, belonging to the refrigerating chamber, and contains from top to bottom: shelves for miscellaneous items with mechanism of spiral revolving pushers using just one motor for all shelves; vertical duct and item dispense tray; under tray the device for receiving money (bills and change slots) is located; lower the change dispense placed.
6. As defined in point 1 and point 5 right additional sector 8 of the equipment isn't have left wall and direct connection with chamber 7 do to its movement necessity; because of it this sector 8 is hanging on the hinges of central refrigerating chamber, easy taking out and available for fast change the items and pull out money from save in about couple minutes.
7. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 comprises hermetic worm insulated lids, which from top open central refrigerating chamber that allow from top fast and convenience to add or change the cans with drinks; and from other side this lid good save the predetermined temperature inside the refrigerating chamber.
8. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1, in the basic variant, from the back side of compose unit comprises two more elements of refrigerator: the niche with compressor and the condenser attached to the back wall of equipment.
9. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 will be more convenience in the taxi cab if instead two important elements of the equipment's refrigerator (compressor and condenser), the air-condition (AC) system of the taxi cab will be used without any serious changing in salon of the taxi cab.
10. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 5, 6, 7 and 15 comprises the “tunnel”, formed from top empty cells of each row, is free of the cans and is the part of the refrigerating chamber, where all surfaces have minimum friction and high sliding index; therefore the new spring system (in the shape of plates) and inclination device are used in the invented equipment for moving cans to the vending window.
11. In automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 5, 6 and 7, with the goal for keeping extra flat and adaptable configuration with one more goal to increase the quantity and choice of drink kinds, the cans are arranged perpendicularly to the front and back walls of the equipment and the moving on the cans to the vending window happening in the “tunnel” above top row of the cans, using principle of rolling and sliding.
12. In automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 and 11 the spring system (in the shape of plate) for moving cans to the vending window is the part of whole metallic (or some other material with springing property) laying between central component of unit (bottom of “tunnel”) and lid of the refrigerating chamber; this laying has 4 or 5 cans' size rectangular openings the couple of springs or single spring arranged above those openings (like windows) for each row of cans which lifting to the “tunnel” through these openings; the springs main target are to create fluent moving of the cans from top row to the tunnel and then to send them rolling and sliding to the direction of extreme right row;
13. In automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 5, 6, 7, and 11 the spring system (in the shape of plate) has one certain improvement: before tunnel the walls of top cells of each row (exclude extreme right) has a small slightly curve in the direction to the vending window, helping to cans begin rolling to right of tunnel earlier than the end of cells and springs will work much better
14. In automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12 the spring system (in the shape of plate) has one more certain improvement: additional to rounding of cells these springs for better rolling of cans include mini size bearings on the edges of the springs that improving the can rolling and sliding; the mini size bearings which help to force the rolling of the can and improve the reliability of spring system, because these bearings give the can the direction to extreme right row by rolling them in clockwise; after any spring pushed the can in a “trip”, it will come down and the mini size bearings are hiding in mentioned above slot, not missing to next cans to roll and slide by the tunnel.
15. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4,5,6,7 and 13, 14 contains a fixation device that fix cans on the waiting position under the tunnel before client will choice particularly this kind of drinks; if so the fixation device frees the can and this one exits to the tunnel and through it to the vending window; all five fixation devices has the principle of solenoid, but four of them have the semi-circle head, just one of them the extreme right row has specific shape of the head—like a part of semi-circle head; this shape give possibility to this device to prepare inclination position of the can in this row below moving can. (In the 4-rows refrigerating chamber just 3 affixation mechanism has semi-circle head but extreme right row has a partly semi-circle head)
16. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4,5,6,7 and 13, 14, 15 and 16 provide delivery the refreshing drinks in the cans by moving it with rolling and sliding along tunnel to the first right row and then after rich it fall dawn on into the empty one cell; under this empty cell the slightly inclination can to the side of vending window already prepared; felled dawn can above it sliding by this inclination surface to the opened at this time lid of vending window and through that the client catches it; the lid of the vending window lays out in a front of top cell in right row, one cell below of tunnel and not in a level of the tunnel.
17. The right additional component of automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4,5,6,7 and 13 comprises no less than 10 kinds and a few tens of miscellaneous items that was achieved thanks the new method for move the not cooling items to the passengers; this method excludes the implementation of many motors (in the most cases one of them for each shelf) and uses just one motor for all shelves and applying new principal of rotating of wire spiral.
18. The possibility of automatic equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4,5,6,7 and 13 to content much more items in right additional component of composes unit challenges necessity to make this section wider than left component with different functions; left additional section will be thin with evaporator and fan and right additional section will be wider with more quantity and types of small items and payment compartment.
19. Automatic compose equipment as defined in point 1 with added by points 4,5,6,7 and 13 with right component filled up the many miscellaneous items allow the operator much faster fill up or change the small items and take the money because this section not having contact with refrigerator and will be just hang on the main body by the hinges; the operator very fast takes up the component from hinges and may soon fill up it with new items or even changes this component on new one.
20. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 comprises outside the main body of equipment on the back side of the partition on the special panel carried out by the cord the indicator of all products into the equipment, coordinate with contents of refrigerator and cartridge clip with small items; buttons-indicators located in a front of passengers.
21. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 uses minimum energy in 12 v, which receive from front part of driver salon.
22. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 has not only extra flat thickness, it may present bright example for universal equipment in the area of taxi cab industry. It has numerous possibilities for be changeable and adaptable, for example: the both of additional components (left and right) may be replaced each to other; the configuration of evaporator can be adapt to a several kind of space; the quantity of rows with cans, the cans in a row or shelves with small items may be different and changeable; the wide and height of whole equipment and the each component also may varying, etc., because of the invented equipment may be named as “adaptable” or universal.
23. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1, 2 and 21 without any design changing in the car may be installed in some modern kind of taxi, standard or hybrid, including foreign cars, starting from Crown Victoria, Ford Escape, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Chevy Malibu, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Prius, etc.; it will be have the close configuration in the according to condition and space of the salons, notwithstanding on the conception of refrigerator.
24. Automatic equipment as defined in point 1 and 2 will be have the similar configuration and sizes according condition and space of salon, notwithstanding from conception of refrigerator: connected to the air condition system of taxi cab, with compressor and cooling agent, thermo-electric system, semi-conductor system, solar system, etc.
25. As defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 19 and 20 the spring system (in a form of plate) before tunnel the walls of top cells of each row (exclude extreme right) have a small slightly curve in the direction to the vending window, helping to cans begin rolling clockwise to right of tunnel earlier than the end of cells and springs will work much better ;
26. As defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 19, 20 and 21 universal equipment contains a fixation device that fix cans on the “waiting position” under the tunnel before client will choice particularly this kind of drinks and for keeping the “tunnel” empty as free way for others cans from others rows; if so the fixation device frees the can and this one exit to the tunnel and through it to the vending window; all four fixation devices has the principal of solenoid, but 3 of them have the semi-circle head, just one of them in the extreme right row has specific shape of the head—like a part of semi-circle head; this shape give possibility to this device to prepare inclination position of the can in this row below moving can;
27. As defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 19, 20, 21 and 22 the universal equipment is characterizing that the extreme right row of the refrigerating chamber not stored in full, one cell of this row located immediately under tunnel is empty; this empty cell is an auxiliary space for transportation the cans to the vending window.
28. As defined in point 1 with added by points 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 19, 20, 21,22 and 23 the universal equipment provide delivery the refreshing drinks in the cans by moving it with rolling and sliding along tunnel to the first right row ; then the cans after rich it fall dawn on into the empty one cell; under this empty cell the slightly inclined can to the side of vending window already prepared; felled dawn can above it sliding by this inclined surface to the opened at this time lid of vending window and through that the client catches it; the lid of the vending window lays out in a front of top cell in right row, one cell below of tunnel and not in a level of the tunnel.
29. Universal equipment of version 4 as defined in point 1 with added by points 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25 and 26 practically has the same dimensions as basic equipment of version 1; this modification of equipment is locating also between the front passenger seat and partition of taxi cab; evaporator, ventilation openings, bottom springs, tunnel of refrigerator, compressor or fan, right additional sector with miscellaneous items and money department and connection with air-condition system of taxi leave the same like in equipment of version 2.
30. Evaporator of universal equipment of version 4 as defined in point 1 with added by points 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 in the different from version 1 is covered from left side by the one sided lid; the reason for this element of design was installed is that compressor has more power than fan; the air flow after compressor is essentially increasing that may lead to the over cooling up to freezing the drinks inside refrigerator, what may be inconvenience to the most of passengers; the one sided lid of evaporator prevents from this condition in the refrigerator and directs the force air flow exactly into the tunnel
31. Universal equipment of version 4 as defined in point 1 with added by points 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 except one sided lid comprises thin plastic inset (divider) of tunnel, which divides the tunnel of chamber on 2 parts: front and back; the inset in the space limited by left additional sector has a tip, which returning on the axis periodically prevent front or back layer of the refrigerator (depend of the passenger's choice) from the air force that after compressor by this tip is directing to the one of these layers, creating inside of a half of tunnel slightly increased pressure for moving the cubes to the dispense of window based on the condition of “wet air” and on the depression (differential pressure) between back of moving cube in the tunnel (higher than atmosphere pressure) and area around the lid of dispense window (with atmosphere pressure);
32. Universal equipment of version 4 as defined in point 1 with added by points 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 comprises plastic laying for ensuring the transportation of articles by tunnel to the dispense window; this plastic laying is installing between the lid of chamber and first (from top) filled cans or bottles level; the laying has double function: to make more hermetic refrigerating part of equipment and to help to moving of can or bottle; the plastic laying has a few openings according to the rows of articles; the openings in turn of have the narrow flexible sealants around 3 edges of each opening (probably the one sealant from left side of opening will be enough), excluding extreme right opening; 2 corner of sealant had cut of 45′ degree; these sealants have a few functions: to safe hermetical conditions in the tunnel all time when the refrigerator is working; divide adjacent bottles after one of them entered in the tunnel; sealant compressing (with similar way as spring in version 1) partly shoves the bottle to the dispense window ; and finally serves like rails for next bottle (cube) sliding to the open window.
33. Universal equipment of version 1, 2, 4 and 5 as defined in point 1 with added by points 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 comprises the operating panel having corresponded labels as indicator for all vending products in this specific taxi cab; the drink's selection buttons, snacks and miscellaneous item's selection buttons, money slots, card reader slot together with drinks vending window and small items vending tray are present on the operating panel; the both tray 10 (in the attached right sector of the equipment and in the panel) are located too close each to other because of packets, which appear in the tray can be easy picked up by clients; other form of selection buttons can be adapted for same purposes, such as touch-screen, electronic or optical sensors, etc.; the card readers' slot already existing on the partition may be also used because of this card reader slot was installed into the taxi cab together with GPS (Global Position System).
34. Universal equipment of version 5 as defined in point 1 with added by all above mentioned points depend on specific conditions of some new hybrid or modern taxi cab (domestic or foreign) take place, when the space behind front seat of passenger doesn't allow installing even that extra flat vending machine, one more area where the taxi cab vending machine could be installed is in the trunk; in this case the same as in version 1 unit placed in the trunk near reserve tire in a horizontal position on shelf, no prevents to the luggage be placed on the bottom of trunk (version 5); the distant part of trunk is divided by the shelf on upper and lower sections; the main body of the invented equipment is placing on the right side of upper section close to the reserve tire of taxi cab that lies in left side of upper section ; nearest part of the trunk leaves free for luggage.
35. Universal equipment of version 5 as defined in point 1 with added by point 33 notwithstanding that presented invention by the version 5 will be placed in absolutely different area that by version 1 and 2, the conceptual basic of design (multifunctional, adaptable, changeable, extra-flat, all-seasonable, combined, composite and automatic) are saving the very similar; the composition of main body, its thickness, design of refrigerator (store and articles transportation), the arrangement of most detail of equipment, etc. are not changing; the main no big different this version 3 from other versions is that it braked up on 3 elements:
Thus, while there have been shown, described, and pointed out fundamental novel features of the invention as applied to several embodiments, it will be understood that various omissions, substitutions, and changes in the form and details of the devices illustrated, and in their operation, may be made by those skilled in the art without departing from the spirit and scope of the invention. Substitutions of elements from one embodiment to another are also fully intended and contemplated. It is also to be understood that the drawings are not necessarily drawn to scale, but that they are merely conceptual in nature. In addition to the preceding description, the invention can be further described by the following points and equivalents of the recitations therein.